Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Ardent for Animals....(If you don't know what ardent means, look it up. It's an essential word.)

Per the request of Dana, I'm posting a question (actually 2...no wait... 4) for all to answer. I won't tell you what it all means up front so you will have to stay tuned for a follow-up blog to find out the mysteries of this one but trust me it will be entertaining. However, if you don't play along, you won't be adding to the joy of sharing and laughing with us all so please participate.

WARNING: These questions are not for individuals lacking funny bones.

Question 1: What is your favorite animal and why?
Question 2: What is your second favorite animal and why?

Now don't be one of those people who says, "I don't know. I can't decide. I like so many." Just go with your gut and type out an answer. If confused, refer to example below. See, it's not so scary to reveal where your heart truly lies in the animal kingdom.

Abby's Example......

Favorite animal: Cat
Why? Because they (at lease the ones I've owned) are such wonderful pets, friends, companions. I would argue if you've met a "bad" one, it's only due to the owner. I appreciate my cat for his loyalty, kindness (always knows when you are sick and ready to purr away your ills), conversations (that's right...he'll tell you all about his day. sometimes even over the phone), sensitivity, warmth, low maintenance, and independence balanced with sociability (he'll give you your own space when asked). Really cats have a pretty good life and don't get work up over the little stuff.

2nd favorite animal: Moose (If you've ever looked, I keep one in my car.)
Why? Moose are just plain cool. They are one in a million and actually defy the laws of physics with their ability to stand (just goes to show the humor, creativity, and awesomeness of God). Moose are majestic. They live in families and protect their own. They are a picture of strength and independence yet they look so wonderfully soft and touchable at the same time.

14 comments:

Dana said...

This will be so funny y'all....really you need to do it!!!

1st favorite: Cat. Only because my cat (that I once had) was so awesome! She greeted me at the door, just like a dog. She could tell when I was sad and needed to cuddle. Yet, she also had her own little attitude and needed her own space at times. All in all, she was just so cute and awesome!!! (I say all this as someone who IS allergic to cats.)

2nd favorite: Dog. I love dogs and usually more than cats. Dogs are loyal companions. They stay by your side through think and thin. Most dogs guard over their families and will put up a fight if need be. The dogs I like are cute and cuddly, but also tough. Talking about this makes me want a puppy (really, I don't need a SECOND child though!).

*I promise this will be fuuny (or at least mildly entertaining) when Abby posts the next step. I will take all the blame if no one else is in sync with my sense of humor, however random it may be!

Mel Eik said...

Well, this shouldn't be a big suprise to any that know me and my ARDENT shall we say, distaste, for animals. Other than those in cages, hence:

1)A dog in a cage. Can't bite me and the bark is slightly less scary when I know they can't get me.
2)Cow on a plate. a.k.a. Filet Mignon, butterflied, cooked to medium. Mmmmm.....that's what I'm talking about.

The Rock Star said...

Abby... Abby... Abby... I TOTALLY know what you are up to!! :)

1st: MOOSE. Powerful. Stronger. Cute a stuffed animal. Just plain cool! The "coolest animal" I know of!

2nd: GIRAFFEE. Seriously, how cool is it that they have long necks and black tongues? They are quite the unique animal.

I am curious to see what the others have to say... Hm.

Dana said...

Yeah it's Jonelle (sp?)!

The Rock Star said...

Yeah, Jonell... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm going to assume that this is some type of psycho-analysis an just sit back and watch the fun build.

Sage Merecat said...

Well you have asked me before but I shall post here for all to see.
1st: The Ant. Ants are very hardworking and know the value of efficient team work to get the job done. They also take breaks and play games together on their spare time. They often get underestimated but they are extremely strong for their size. Ants are very loyal to the fellow ants in the colony and will defend it to the death.
2nd: The Greater Honeyguide. The Greater Honeyguide (Scientific name Indicator indicator) is a bird in Africa that loves honey. It is one of the few examples of a mutualistic relationship between humans and animals. The Honeyguide will find a bee hive and then fly off to find a human. When it finds the human it attempts to get the human's attention. If the human starts following the bird leads the person the bee hive. The lucky person can now bust open the hive and get the honey and the bird can then enjoy a nice meal of immature bee larvae and amazingly it can digest beeswax. So the reason I like the Greater Honeyguide is because it knows when teamswork is needed for the benefit of both parties and it works hard to get the attention of a partner.

MadMup said...

I, too, am leery of posting since it's clear that "something's up."

However, I had to comment on this Greater Honeyguide business, because I'd never heard of them before and that's one of the coolest things I've ever heard.

M. Kate said...

Yo Ab!

I hate to be a killjoy, but I'm afraid you're going to try to pyschologicially link me to my answers and that scares me. So, while I'm glad to welcome you to blog addicts corner, I'm going to have to pass on this animal identification request.

Dana said...

OH well Ab. Apparently fear is running the lives of some. This is for fun! Geeeee!

The Rock Star said...

Ok, folks. This is not any bad. It is a lot of fun! Do play along!! :) Even is "something is up"...

Mel Eik said...

Oh come on people! This is obviously just for fun!
Hey abs-is that sage person your bro?

MeteoMatt said...

1) Bald Eagle. They are so majestic and powerful. And the view soaring through the sky would be spectacular. And I can relate to the "bald" part.

2) Polar Bear. My high school mascot.

3) Termites