Friday, September 4, 2009

Automotive Anxieties Awash

Do you know that feeling people have...the one where you debate in your mind if a problem really is a problem? I feel that way about cars. Like starting it up and thinking..."Is that a new noise or old noise? Does it always have a bit of a sluggish start like that? Has there always been a bit of roughness to the idle?" And no help is found in my sitting there contemplating such feelings because I have zero knowledge as to the answers to these and most other car questions.
So then I debate with myself....take it in...don't take it in....what day to take it in....do I even want to know if I do take it in?
Well, such is where I found myself this week. A sluggish start and even worse if it sat overnight. Then a colleague informed me my back lights were out - which is a whole other dilemma since I can't very well push the brake down and see the brake lights! I did manage to remedy this problem with a heavy paint can pushing on the brake as I tried to determine exactly which bulbs had burnt out. I later had neighbor and roommate assistance in the assessing process.
Wednesday night I turned my sebring over to capable hands and left to await the call....Oh the call, please be a less than $200 call! Well, bonus! It was less than $200 - actually less than 100. It was merely a blown cell in my battery. So new battery = piece of mind and no more sluggish starts. Apparently I have a 75 month warranty on the battery too. That sounds good to me!
As for my bulb dilemma, I perused over to the new AutoZone on 350 and hesitantly told the man behind the counter I needed bulbs replaced. He deftly looked up the kinds, determined he must view the bulbs to determine correct ones, whipped out his socket wrench set, dismantled my rear lights and figured out exactly the burnt bulbs. $15 later my brake lights were aglow with absolutely no help from me!!! (smile) And I learned how to replace them should I not find such a helpful Automotive guru in the future. Plus I learned bulb grease is recommended to sustain the life of said bulbs.
Thank you Lord for providing kind souls who can fix problems you know I can't!!!!

No comments: