Thursday, October 9, 2008

Misty

My favorite part of living at the new home and having a new drive to work is by far the best benefit to the end of summer and beginning of fall. Recently, I've made some very early morning trips to work (It's amazing what you can accomplish before 9 am with no one around!) and discovered a surprising gift. As I leave my driveway, nothing is spectacular. A small sunrise off behind me as I back out the alley. However, as I make it past 350 to Poland Hill with radio on, I anticipate the break of the tree line. Surely, it will come! And it does... A haze with colored fractures shooting through over barren fields sandwiched between forested groves protecting the mist from quick evaporation. Ahhhh....So beautiful! So soft! So lingering of the night's presence before day takes over.
Seriously though, if you want an early morning inspiration, just cruise out that way. It's worth it! You'll feel like you are in a postcard with a psalm at the end. :)

No comments: