Tuesday, October 9, 2007

For such a time...

For those of you who have lifted up my Arizona mom awaiting her father's death...Thank you. She has had great comfort in knowing the body of Christ cares for her. I learned today that he has passed and have been saddened and encouraged at such a time.
For it is sad to not know where someone will be for eternity. It is sad to think they may have let pride prevent them from accepting the only free gift that truly matters. It is sad to know that sinful hearts hurt more than just the person, but rather a family, community, and world.
However, I am encouraged to know that....
Deut 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord....
We cannot know the heart of another. We can know that the Gospel was presented and perhaps the seeds did not fall on hardened soil. I am encouraged to know that God never, ever stops seeking the lost of the world. Oh that we all might have passion and heart for the lost that would reflect Christ!
And for my Arizona mom, Sue, I am encouraged that I can lift up a prayer from Scripture. A Word from the Lord sufficient to meet all our needs at such a time as this for the Lord Jesus was no stranger to the pain of life, the sin of man, and the grief of loss.
Lamentations 3:19-26
I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.
Finally...Hebrews 11...
For perhaps, you, the reader, are also at such as time as it is necessary to continue to walk by faith...Faith in God as God... Faith in God as good...Faith in God as the goal.
How I lift you up to the Father you daughter or son of the faith. For Jesus knows each tear, fear, and trial that you face today and tomorrow. May He sustain you according to His Word with peace. as you continue to hope and wait on Him.
Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that encouragement, Abbs.

Dana said...

You're right, I had to read it, you couldn't just tell me. I remember when you shared Deut. 29:29 last August when I was confronted with the sudden death of someone who was once dear to me. It's good to remember that we don't know the heart, only God does. We can never be sure. I'll be praying for Sue and her family.

Michelle H. said...

Hoping in the Lord is always best!
Sorry to hear about the loss.

Unknown said...

Before the throne.