Thursday, October 18, 2007

Grocery Store Spirituality

I had an interesting dialog with myself today while shopping at the grocery story and I am curious to know if others have contemplated the same question that I pondered. Feel free to bare your soul if said posting relates to you....
So as I walked up and down the aisles, I began to think about all the hundreds of items I have never bought and will probably never buy within the store. I thought about how I possibly only utilize about 5% of all items within the grocery as I attempt to find the best nutritional choices for me and the bro. As I rounded the vegetable section, which is right next to the pastries, I thought, "Wow, so many things that look good, but I would regret eating later. They really aren't that satisfying and probably have no benefit to me healthwise. Kind of the same dilemma you have with the rest of the world. Yes, that's it! Grocery stores have become a cultural caveat! They offer you temptation around every corner with empty promises of fleeting satisfaction!!!! Goodness! No wonder it takes so long to hunt for the good things in each aisle. It's just like the rest of life. You have to sort out all the yuk to finally get to the good stuff."
And there it was.....my moment of grocery store spirituality. So has the LORD been speaking to anyone else from the vegetable aisle?

3 comments:

The Rock Star said...

Agreed!

The cereal aisle gets me. There are just so many choices!

M. Kate said...

You know, believe it or not...I've had similar conversations with myself while trying to find toasted wheat germ amongst the 18 billion kinds of sweetned cereal, pop tarts and now my favorite chocolate lined "cereal straws."

Preach it sister!

Michelle H. said...

Veggie Tales, Veggie Tales, Veggie Tales, Broccoli, Celery gota be Veggie tales. Sweet and sour half and hour gota be Veggie tales. There never ever be a show like Veggie Tales. ITS TIME FOR VEGGIE TALELELELELELELELS

Sing along ya all