Saturday, April 5, 2008

The after 8 rule...

I have this informal rule that I tell myself to prevent said self from doing things one would regret or saying things one wishes one hasn't or creating problems one will have to fix the following day. The basic rule is that one is not responsible for saying things after 8 pm...one should not make important decisions after 8 pm... and one should not attempt to have serious discussions after 8 pm because one is quite tired after 8 pm as a general rule. I have followed said rule for approximately 6 years now and it keeps self more on track. Said rule has now become a joke with family and friends about my 8 pm cut off. Sometimes others like to follow said rule as well (this I do not mind). Yesterday was the perfect example of how I need to keep said rule in effect as I apparently cannot hear correctly after 8 pm either.
Let me present my case.
So I was hanging with myself yesterday evening with lil bro gone to hang with eric and Jonell off to see the latest in RVC babies. After a little laundry, housecleaning, etc, I flipped over to Cesar Milan, Dog Whisperer extraordinaire. He's quite the guru in dog behaviorism. Jonell eventually returned to watch the remainder of the show with me. So it was approximately 10:30 or so when the show was promoting the following segment. I thought they said Cesar was going to work with a foo-dah-grauw dog. I said to Jonell, "What kindda dog is a foo-dah-grauw?" thinking this must be some interesting breed of dogs. Turns out, it was a segment on a dog with food aggression issues. My bad! Clearly, the hearing is not functioning after 8 pm....But don't you think foo-dah-grauw would be a cool name for a breed?

2 comments:

Daizie Girl said...

Hilarious!!!

mom-o said...

Enjoyed the reminder of the after 8 rule. That's great rule! I'm enjoying the blogs.