Friday, April 18, 2008

"Earthquakin' like a wake up bomb"

For those of you that doubt, Tobymac really does have a line for almost any occasion. Including the above quote which more than adequately conveys the early morning wake up call by motion. Really who needs a radio alarm clock with your bed shaking? I personally thought at first it was an earthquake as I shot up out of bed but then told myself, "You need to settle down and stop working on so many crisis cases. It makes you assume the worst." My next thought was, "Oh dear, perhaps someone has broken into my house and is shaking the bed." Quickly followed by, "Is Lance playing some funny kindda joke by trying to shake me awake?" To which I looked around to see no one so I promptly assumed my fan under my bed, which I use to drown out early morning garbage truck sounds, was on the blitz and dying. I reached down to turn it down and it seemed to correlate with a lessening of the shaking so I attempted to return to a calm sleep. No such luck though. I heard the "ding" of a text message and thought, "Who in the world would text me at this hour?" Well be assured faithful blog reader, it was Eikenbizzle giving me the 411 on the 5.2 on the scale. "Hmmm," I thought to myself, " I really should stuck with assuming it was an earthquake." Promptly texting several others, I gathered several had not even heard it and others were shaken up just like me to where it was obvious something was going on. It really has been entertaining today to hear everyone's take on the earthquake and it's aftershocks. Funny side note, I called my mom to talk about the quakin' wakin' and she said she was going back to bed to sleep in late as it was Saturday. I said I was going to work b/c it was Friday. "Oh," she replied. "Is it really Friday? Thanks for telling me. I guess I'll get ready for work too." FYI...everybody...today was Friday. Hope you all made it to work. Tomorrow is Saturday. Enjoy sleeping in. I'll be garage saleing the town first thing.

2 comments:

Daizie Girl said...

Yeah - that was quite a wake up for sure! At first, I couldn't figure out why Jen was doing laundry at 5a.m. Earthquake crossed my mind - but at first it seemed a lot like the spin cycle on the washer. Then it really started shaking so I figured out it was an earthquake! We felt the 11:14 a.m. aftershock as well. The plant on one of the desks started shaking - 4.6!!!

Mel Eik said...

I made a cameo on the Abster's blog. My day is complete.