Friday, April 4, 2008

Feeling Appreciated...

Well, as many of you know, I work a pretty interesting, stressful, and sometimes consuming job. Today was Staff Appreciation Day at CFRC so no phones were on, no clients to meet with, and we were treated to a FREE movie, popcorn, and drink at 9 am. Who gets to watch a movie at 9 am with popcorn on a Friday? Apparently, we do! Thanks to the big boss for paying us to watch a movie and reminding us what a difference we make in our community. In 2006, CFRC serviced over 11, 000 people. In 2007, we serviced over 16,000! Wow! What alot of opportunities in Lafayette! So my purpose in posting today is not just to remind all of you that the Lord appreciates your selfless service to people in your respective fields (although that would be worthy in itself), but to say that the movie Nim's Island is a pretty decent family film. I was entertained and enjoyed that it promoted a positive father/daughter relationship, had no "hanky-panky", and showed some cool animals.
FYI...as a part of Child Abuse Prevention month, Wabash 9 on the Levee is going to show B movie (is it B movie or Bee movie?) free next Saturday at 10 & 11 am. Anybody want to go? (Maybe I should check my calendar before commiting myself to go =)

2 comments:

Dana said...

What a great day. I'd love to go the movie, let me know!

Abby :) said...

I heard from mkate that the bee movie is worse than a b movie so I think I'll do something else.