Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Letter people, Letter mountains?



I'm not sure what it is about Arizonans that they feel the need to letter their mountains. And when I say "Letter" I mean big, bold LETTERS! So driving toward Phoenix, there was "A" mountain. I've been up "A" mountain and it is quick pleasant. Then we came across "C" mountain. I, of course, contemplated the whereabouts of "B" mountain. Where was it? Are they biased against the "B"'s of the world? Surprisingly enough, we also encountered "F" mountain? Again, what about "D" and "E"? I suppose this will continue to be a mystery unless I make it my mission to visit Arizona enough time to discover the other letters of the alphabet plastered on the sides of cliffs acorss the desert. Oh well, I'm sure heaven will have a seminar on mountain letters and all the mysteries of life will be solved. =)

3 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Hey Abby,

Loving your pics! Looks like you had a great time!

We had seen those letters before when we were in the Reno area, and the locals said it was the letter of some of the schools around town. I dont know if it was true or not, but he seemed believable.

Jeremiah

Abby :) said...

Interesting! We did notice that sometimes the letters corresponded with the town name. Maybe this mountain letter thing is a western idea. I've been to the smokies and not noticed it out there. You can be the official expert in scouting the Appalachian trail for the letters.

Daizie Girl said...

Cool pictures! I tried to grow little baby sajuaro cactuses with my 4th graders - we had a story in our reading books about them. They are amazing!