Saturday, March 1, 2008

TMAC IS WHACK!

The lights....

the sounds....(portable if you will...that would only be appropriate with it being a tour for the Portable Sounds album)


The action....




So the concert was totally awesome from beginning to end....complete with stylin vocals, smooth lyrics, tight transitions, and energy galore! Nirva brought the vocals on Lose my Soul and DJ Maj was scattin on the turntable. How lucky were we! Our seats were center stage and once section back so we were front and center for all the action. Just in case you were wondering if there was an earthquake on Thursday night, I can safely say it was the LOUD Boomin coming from the concert. I think my ears are still settlin down. Toby put on his "preacher" vest for awhile and laid it on thick with some sweet prayer. Really no words to describe it! Kind of a had to be there moment for us!!!

Here's some of my favorite tobyisms from the most recent album...


One World "Come just as you are/ Come just like you be/ It's the bumps and curves of our history"

Face of the Earth "You know I had love for you that's bigger than mistakes"

No Ordinary Love "Gonna tell everyone up under the sun" "Ordinary folks, extraordinary love/ Something from above/ Something we fall short of" "We complicate something so basic"

Ignition "We be quakin like a wake up bomb" "Come spark the parts in me that all but died"

All In "Kiss all my fears goodbye"

Feelin' So Fly "And it's so dope I can barely cope/ When you make my joy go an overflow/ I can't help but glorify my Adonai" "The fly I feel is straight divine"

Lose My Soul "Father God/ I am clay in your hands/ Help me to stay that way through all life's demands/ Cuz they chip and they nag and they pull at me/ And every little thing I make up my mind to be" "Though it's only in You that I can truly see/ that it's a feast for the eyes - a low blow to purpose/ And I'm a little kid at a three ring circus/ I don't wanna gain the whole world and lose my soul"

2 comments:

Mel Eik said...

Whack, huh? You must have been whacked...upside da head.

Abby :) said...

I'd take a whack from Tmac any day :)