Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mmmmm....yum, yum in our tum, tum :0

Melinda has been talking to me for several weeks about finding a time to relive one of our favorite pastimes...the horseshoe. Lest you think we are equestrian afficionados, I will reassure you we are not. We are talking about the Springfield Illinois creation known as a horseshoe sandwich.

Dana and Jeannie also got to experience their first horseshoe and agreed the dish is quite amazing. Perhaps we should host a horseshoe party so all can enjoy. It does not disappoint. Mmmmmmm...
If you happen to want to try making one yourself, here's my tips...
1. Toast a piece of texas toast and place it on the center of the plate.
2. Cook and place a hamburger directly on top the toast.
3. Cover the hamburger in cheese sauce.
* To make your own cheese sauce, melt 4 T butter, blend 2 1/2 c milk with 2 T cornstarch + salt + pepper + 2 t worchershire sauce + chilli pepper and cook until thick and bubbly before adding 2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
4. Put hot steak fries on top of hamburger.
5. Cover in cheese sauce.
6. Ketchup on the side.

2 comments:

Dana said...

It was SOOOO good! Thank you for inviting me to share in the yummy goodness! I think I gained 5 lbs though from eating it...

Unknown said...

Mmm. That picture excited me!