Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tidbit of the Week

I have spent several hours of the past week listing approximately 200 books on half.com in attempts to simplify, simplify, simplify. This was a worthy effort sparked by recent reportings from a colleague that the LMHC (that's Licensed Mental Health Counselor) exam was "easy sneezy" in her words. Having my anxiety lessened, I decided to part with by two-sided, hard and softbacked friends from the good 'ol days of seminary. To my delight, I have sold approximately 22 books in 3 days totaling over $200 (just the amount to repair my exhaust pipe that decided to hang listlessly as of yesterday). Marching my trophies into the post office today, I was greeted by a talkative fellow who seemed genuinely interested in helping me mail out my texts to their new homes. I had one text going to a mysterious APO address. Well, mysterious to me no longer! I learned that APO is military and this particular buyer is a medical military staff in Europe. I agreed to ship first class as I learned media mail will probably sit for weeks before sorting and retrieval. I also learned that FPO designate other branches of the military. In the words of a fabulous game...Who Knew?!

No comments: