Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Notorius for all the Wrong Things

Has anybody else ever asked you the question, "SO if you could be famous or rich but not both, which would you pick?" I remember that question being posed of me in high school during scholarship interviews. Well, I may not have really wanted either but apparently I am famous enough to have my name scratched for the world to see at The Counseling Center. Lest you fear this latest fortune is going straight to my ego and crushing my feeble attempts to foster humility, let me clarify. My name, followed by a ubiquitous term starting in "b" closely associated with 4 other alphabetical characters, is inked onto the customer parking only sign tied to the fencing in The Counseling Center parking lot. I was informed of this latest graffiti and my notorious status to warrant said graffiti Friday afternoon promptly following my walk in on domestic violence, resulting containment of a suicidal individual having recently ingested items not to be confused with vitamins, and subsequently my encounters with a less than friendly as indicated by lack of handshake upon request(due to apparent germaphobia) police officer followed closely by a slue of paramedic staff and the Executive Director questioning me as to the barrage of Lafayette's finest at our offices. As you can gather, I was having one of the most peaceful Fridays yet training new staff on assessments and our apparently budding relationship with law enforcement and medical staff in the community. So when my colleague gave me a pitiful look and asked if I was aware of my standings on the parking sign, I could only laugh and reply to the negative but convey my humble and honorary acceptance as this was my first time to be mentioned in vandalism in Lafayette to my knowledge. My colleague also informed me she attempted to right the wrong by scrawling an addendum to the epitaph by adding "Not" to the plaasant label bestowed upon yours truly. Having guessed promptly who the culprit was, seeing I had informed some unfortunates of their demise from the program, I called my supervisor to share my status amongst Lafayette's elite. I was informed that cleanup had been requested of the janitorial and maintenance staff, who now prioritizes projects daily to ensure immediate ones are attended to first, but as to date, the sign including my name stills stands in all its glory...furthest to the right in The Counseling Center parking lot. I suppose, you, friends and family, are welcome to mosey on over and take a peek for yourself. Who knows when these fair fortunes will come my way again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope to go see this.

And you should post a corresponding picture on this blog!

Mel Eik said...

Oh MY WORD!

Abby :) said...

Jonell also thought I should take a picture. I really have to remember my camera more often.