Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's all a bloomin'




FYI...Lil bro took his SAT this Saturday which meant I was up and facing Saturday morning at 7:25 am with bright eyes and a few hours of sleep. I decided to attempt to make the most of my early morning and headed to Lowe's for all my home improvement needs. Note to reader: Not very many people shop Lowe's prior to 8 am. Enjoying the opportunity to shop leisurely by my lonesome, I found pansies on clearance. Being that clearance is one of my most favoritest words, I cleaned house on the pansies from Lowe's, got my remaining blocks to finish the edges of my driveway and located new rollers for the screen door.
Continuing my productive Saturday trend, I managed to plant half the pansies and begin my quest to conquer all things weed-like by 10 am. I'm happy to say by the end of the day, I managed to mow, completely deweed the yard (the old fashioned way via knifing them out by hand, block out the edges of the drive, and plant a plethora of flowering pansies.
Today I have a lovely yard, sore hands, and one more thing off the checklist.
PS...isn't the tree beautiful this year?

2 comments:

Dana said...

Yes, the tree is very beautiful! Your house and yard look great. Did you take a picture of the back and whatever it was you told me you did by the drive-way?

Abby :) said...

Nope. No pics of the back. I might have to though. Actually your comment reminded me of Jonell's science party and throwing eggs out the back window on the drive. Fun times! What will we do this year to top that festive occasion?