Saturday, May 31, 2008

Status Update on Goals for "All Things Great in 2008"

Having been awaked by the bird commune early this Saturday morning, I opted to get a head start on the day and leisurely organize some places that periodically need attention. I made several startling finds during my rummaging. For some reason, an abundance of writing utensils managed to make it upstairs when I usually need them downstairs. I also discovered a cd I was on the hunt for to add to the mp3 player. I ended up deciding that the white socks would now have their own drawer so as not to crush the colored ones when I go rooting around in the wee hours of the work week. Several bottles of lotions with a teeny amount in the bottom I continue to try to get out met their demise in the designated garbage bag. Approximately 6 business cards scattered about, which was great because I just gave out my last one a week ago. And perhaps the most delightful find was my list of Goals for 2008. Now, some of these goals are quite personal so I won't be sharing them with you in detail but as I read down the items I realized that I had already accomplished many of them. "Wow!" I thought to myself. "I can't believe I've been doing all these." For example, here are a few I've done (and I'm sure many of you were with me when I did more than a few).
1. Vacation in AZ (check...completed February. Hope to return in November.)
2. Go to TobyMac Concert (Double check!...quite the event in March.)
3. Visit the art museum in Indy (check...completed January in celebration for my bday.)
4. Build shelves downstairs (postponed due to the arrive of Jonelly's furniture).
5. Take more photos (double check...courtesy of the camera from Christmas.)
6. Do more 1:1 and small groups with people (check...definitely continued to catch up with people I enjoy or want to get to know so I can enjoy.)
7. Teach Lance to drive (in process...to be completed by July 1st. He recently conquested highway travel. yeah!)
8. Say "no" more often (check...definitely turned down things to slow down more.)
9. Garden (double check...recently planted flowers, trimmed plants, and edging of yard is in process.)
10. Take self to doctor as needed (check...as much as I don't like to do it, i have been going.)
11. Read for leisure (check...two books completed and a couple more in process.)
12. Hiking (double check...ongoing fun times.)
13. Laugh more (double check...not that I didn't do this last year....but you can always improve.)
14. ......and the rest are personal/spiritual goals that are all in process but not completed as yet.

So I know many of you have goals for the Great 08 too. I hope you are also doing well on yours. If yours match any of mine, we can get together and work on them together :) Keep on Keeping On!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Good job Ab! Lots of things checked off!

The Rock Star said...

I find number 13 interesting. Having me around probably helps! :)