Sunday, May 4, 2008

Relentless Pursuer

I don't know how many of you have been surfing the Christian radio waves recently, but there's a new song out about how we just can't get away from God. I was reminded of that very point today. Today my lil bro joined FBC. I think about where he was a year ago...running away from life's hurts and not even speaking to me. But today, it's a new day. He lives with me, gives me a hug every night, reads his Bible, and looks for opportunities to serve. I know it not because of me or anyone else frankly. It's only by God's relentless pursuing of his heart and God's abundance of grace that lil bro is living in peace, facing life head-on, and standing before several hundred people to give testimony of God's work in his life now. And to all that...I have to say...AMEN! Aren't you so thankful that God keeps pursuing each of us...further up and deeper in? Drawing out our rough edges until He can soften them. Drawing out our sinful thoughts until we change them. Drawing out our wayward hearts until we submit them wholly. I, for one, would never get it right on my own and just wouldn't make it without the great Pursuer or that Hound of Heaven that George recently reminded us of. Thank heaven that heaven is always on my heels even when I wish He wasn't. Thank heaven that heaven has a grace-centered plan for each of us. Thank heaven that heaven cares more for the people that I love the most than I ever could imagine.
And, thank you friend for being a friend. Thank you for being a part of the body. Let us enjoy another week full of gratitude about God's pursuit and look for opportunities to point others to Him.
One final note, Love you bro. So glad to see you standing on the Rock.

3 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Amen!

Great to hear about how God's working in Lance's life!

Jodi said...

What a great God we have! I'm rejoicing with you!

Sage Merecat said...

I love the bromide also, boy do we serve an awesome God.